POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background bitmap? : Re: Background bitmap? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background bitmap?
From: Andrea Ryan
Date: 4 Dec 2001 20:19:27
Message: <3C0D7581.9F110BA3@global2000.net>
I would use an image map on a polygon with the once keyword.  If the
bitmap tiles, putting it on a plane without the once keyword can work.
Use type 0 for planar image mapping.  If you tile the bitmap on a plane
the once keyword is not needed.
Brendan

polygon
{
   pigment
   {
      image_map
      {
         png "yourfile.png"	//there's also tga and others (sys for
system specific format such as bmp for windows)
         type 0			//the default, so it doesn't need to be typed
         once			//makes one copy of bitmap cover the whole polygon
      }
   }
}

Brendan