POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Handedness Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Handedness (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: Handedness
Date: 4 Dec 2001 16:19:32
Message: <3c0d3de4@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:20:45 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >
> >     Probably a really screwy way of doing it, but it makes sense to me.
>
> Almost exactly what I do, except that I see z as into the monitor (i.e.
> z increases as the distance from the viewer does) and so I use a
left-handed
> system (yours is right-handed.)

    But ... but.. how do you see through the graph paper?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Dec 2001 16:21:26
Message: <slrna0qfis.bru.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:19:42 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
> news:slr### [at] fwicom...
>> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:20:45 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
>> >
>> >     Probably a really screwy way of doing it, but it makes sense to me.
>>
>> Almost exactly what I do, except that I see z as into the monitor (i.e.
>> z increases as the distance from the viewer does) and so I use a
> left-handed
>> system (yours is right-handed.)
>
>     But ... but.. how do you see through the graph paper?

I just use a sharpie to draw the lines right on the screen.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{

Post a reply to this message

"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> >     But ... but.. how do you see through the graph paper?
>
> I just use a sharpie to draw the lines right on the screen.

    I've done that. Mostly marking positions during an animation.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:27:34 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :
>> >
>> >     But ... but.. how do you see through the graph paper?
>>
>> I just use a sharpie to draw the lines right on the screen.
>
>     I've done that. Mostly marking positions during an animation.

I usually use electrical tape for that; it comes off easier.  I taught
my son that trick for video games, too, so he'd know just exactly which
point on the screen to jump/shoot/whatever from when going up against
some obstacle or other.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{
P(z+a)P(z-a)R(-z-z-x a)pigment{rgbt 1}hollow interior{media{emission T}}finish{
reflection.1}}#end Z(-x-x.2y)Z(-x-x.4x)camera{location z*-10rotate x*90}

Post a reply to this message