POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Handedness : Re: Handedness Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Handedness
From: Tom Bates
Date: 4 Dec 2001 21:31:02
Message: <3c0d86e6$1@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:31:12 -0500, Andrea Ryan wrote:
> > pointing the y axis up.  But positive rotation is clockwise with POV and
> > counterclockwise with math classes.  So if POV-Ray adopted y as up, why
> > not positive rotation as being counterclockwise?  I hope that I'm wrong
> > about this otherwise there would be a self-contraction.
>
> Because POV also adopted z as into the screen, which is not how it works
> in math.

When I was developing my person model (see it in p.b.a), I did the right
arm/leg and scaled it by <-1,1,1> to get the left.  What this means is that
when I'm figuring out the rotations for positioning the right side, I use my
left
hand, and when I'm figuring out the rotations for positioning the left side,
I use
my right hand.  Do you think I get confused?  You bet.

My point:  I need a point?

Tom Bates.