POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV features Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  POV features (Message 21 to 30 of 44)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Re: POV features
Date: 28 Nov 2001 07:12:30
Message: <3c04d4ae@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3c04d223@news.povray.org...
> Nekar Xenos <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote:
> : A special blob-CSG used in blob statements. You should be able to do unions,
> : differences and intersections all within the blob statement. This would be a
lot
> : more versatile than the current negative blobs. The result would be
something
> : like a rounded version of a CSG of spheres and cylinders.
>
>   Please provide the math to implement this.
>
> --
> #macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
> rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I
> ],13),8)-3,10>#end blob{N(array[6]{11117333955,
> 7382340,3358,3900569407,970,4254934330},0)}//                     - Warp -

Hey - I don't even know the math to do blobs. But I think it would be very
similar to the 'blob threshold' in 'isosurface-CSG'. Is it not possible?

--
- Nekar

http://nekar_xenos.tripod.com/metanoia/

---

From: Dave Dunn
Date: 28 Nov 2001 07:25:33
Message: <3C04D7A7.354DCF1F@aol.com>
Warp wrote:

>   A wireframe just for the sake of a wireframe?

Well, uh, yeah, actually <g>. I admit it. The POVGUI project started out as a sort of
post-modern joke that came out of a discussion in the AOL POV-Ray chat room one night.
It was
loosely inspired by ABX's cool modeling.inc file, but then took on a life of its own.
As I
worked on it, however, I found that the barriers I had expected fell away, and was
able to do
wireframes of most object types except isosurface, text (appears as a box), and
julia_fractal. I even have ideas on how to do these objects but have not been able to
get
back to work on it. Sometimes people do stuff just for the heck of it (sdl raytracer
comes to
mind), and sometimes it works.

Post a reply to this message