POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV features : Re: POV features Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV features
From: s1631001
Date: 28 Nov 2001 09:56:24
Message: <3C04FB2D.9B5A6748@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Ron Parker wrote:
> The reality is that "visually pleasing" is much more complex than a > simple
number...

I know, but I usually put it in somewhere anyway, just for completeness

> Using these could make it really hard to render just part of a sequence.

Then we could have "subset_initial_frame" and "subset_final_frame" as
well.

> Thus putting the decision of whether a file is "once" or not on the head
> of the user instead of on the head of the one guy who really understands
> what would happen if it's included multiple times.  No, I think the way
> it's done now is best.

Good point; clearly I was on autopliot typing that up! The property
should be specified inside the #include file, of course. Nothing wrong
with the current system, especially since the insert menu makes it
easier to put in #inclusion handlers; but this still requires changing
the name of the *_Temp variable in each of it's 4 or 5 appearances,
which can be a bit of a chore.

--
From the Grey Knight
//@---signature---