POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV features : Re: POV features Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV features
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 28 Nov 2001 07:25:33
Message: <3C04D7A7.354DCF1F@aol.com>
Warp wrote:

>   A wireframe just for the sake of a wireframe?

Well, uh, yeah, actually <g>. I admit it. The POVGUI project started out as a sort of
post-modern joke that came out of a discussion in the AOL POV-Ray chat room one night.
It was
loosely inspired by ABX's cool modeling.inc file, but then took on a life of its own.
As I
worked on it, however, I found that the barriers I had expected fell away, and was
able to do
wireframes of most object types except isosurface, text (appears as a box), and
julia_fractal. I even have ideas on how to do these objects but have not been able to
get
back to work on it. Sometimes people do stuff just for the heck of it (sdl raytracer
comes to
mind), and sometimes it works.