POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render resuming command line option fails Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Render resuming command line option fails (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Render resuming command line option fails
Date: 1 Jun 2001 17:49:43
Message: <3B18105D.F5B17853@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

Recently, I updated my Linux system from RedHat 6.1 to RedHat 6.2. Since
then, I can't use the +c command line option anymore! However far I
rendered at the moment of aborting, when I try to resume the rendering,
PoV-Ray starts all over again, but, strangely, displays one line less to
render than the rendering's original length... is this a PoV-Ray or a
RedHat bug?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

> ecently, I updated my Linux system from RedHat 6.1 to RedHat 6.2. Since
> then, I can't use the +c command line option anymore! However far I
> rendered at the moment of aborting, when I try to resume the rendering,
> PoV-Ray starts all over again, but, strangely, displays one line less to
> render than the rendering's original length... is this a PoV-Ray or a
> RedHat bug?

Well, a bit more information is necessary :-)

Which version of POV-Ray are you using?

What are the exact command line settings?

What is the image format you are using?

Do you have permissions to write to the output directory?

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> What are the exact command line settings?

Usually, I render +i<filename.pov> +o../bilder/<filename.png> +v +x +h300
+w400

> What is the image format you are using?

PNG.

> Do you have permissions to write to the output directory?

Yes, normally, I log in as root (please don't stone me for this
foolishness...)

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message