POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render resuming command line option fails : Re: Render resuming command line option fails Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render resuming command line option fails
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Jun 2001 15:33:04
Message: <slrn9hnojh.2am.ron.parker@fwi.com>

>Hi Povheads!
>
>Ron Parker schrieb:
>

>> >PNG.
>>
>> Is it possible that your new OS came with a newer version of libpng.so
>> that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike the version POV was linked
>> against?  Have you tried rebuilding POV?
>
>No, I haven't... and a have not even a notion about how I should do that - finding
>the new libpng somewhere deep in the innards of Linux (excuse me, but I'm quite a
>Linux newbie!) and then hacking the PoV source code?

There shouldn't be any hacking necessary; you should be able to get away with
just building the code that's available.  Assistance on doing that might be
easier to find in the povray.unix group, so I'm redirecting followups there.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{