POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cropped image Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:00 EDT (-0400)
  Cropped image (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Cropped image
Date: 4 Apr 2001 23:09:11
Message: <3acbe1d7$1@news.povray.org>
Is there anyway to crop an image in povray?

One could set up some interesting effects if one were to say only
display the 320x240 which is the right half of the current screen. I'm
not saying look_at a point to the right, I'm saying only render an image
that goes from the center line to the right.

For a hint at the technique I'm talking about, consider my recent
posting to p.b.a. tonight, and how it would look if one cropped the
image at the first guy on the left and added several more characters on
the right.

Post a reply to this message

> Is there anyway to crop an image in povray?

You mean a partial rendering of an image using the options described in
the manual?

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > Is there anyway to crop an image in povray?
>
> You mean a partial rendering of an image using the options described in
> the manual?

... or perhaps the rubber band image selection capabilities of the Windows
editor.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message