POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trees from a distance needed Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:52 EDT (-0400)
  Trees from a distance needed (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chris Poole
Subject: Trees from a distance needed
Date: 29 Mar 2001 17:56:41
Message: <3ac3bda9$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

I am working on an "airplane" view of my father's farm yard. I am going to
do 3 views... from the 50's 70's & 90's. I have figured out how to write
macros to do the buildings. I do not have contoured land but the farm is
pretty flat so I can live with that for now. Textures seem to work for the
grass, dirt & gravel areas. I would like to add some trees to the yard. The
view is from about 400 - 600 feet in the air so I do not need really
detailed trees. I would like poplars, spruce, maple, lilac, elm, apple types
of trees. Is there something available that would work in the situation?
Next stop after this is the machinery...

Thanks...
Chris Poole

Post a reply to this message

Maybe - http://cuyana.rangenet.com/dwa/povindex.html