POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trees from a distance needed : Re: Trees from a distance needed Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trees from a distance needed
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 30 Mar 2001 02:53:56
Message: <3ac43b94$1@news.povray.org>
If you are far enough, a suitable crown (sphere to start with) plus a
suitable trunk (cylinder to start with) plus appropriate textures are good
enough. The key is the effect of having a lot of them around, all slightly
different in height, shape and texture (memory intensive, yes!). I tried
isosurfaces creating striking trees even seen from quite near. An advice:
look in past IRTC competition postings, you will find great ideas (e.g. look
for Robert Becraft "rocofait").

If I find time, I will release on my site something upon this subject.

Bye!!!

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
www.geocieties.com/alexcoppo/