POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Duncan Gray
Subject: Re: Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters
Date: 30 Jan 2001 17:49:13
Message: <3a7744e9@news.povray.org>
Josh English wrote:
> I have wanted to experiment with building special viewers that force both
> eyes to look at two images at the same time, but I never got around to it.
> can't do the cross eyed technique myself, so I wanted to build a vieweing
box
> with a divider in the middle that seperates two images that would be
rendered
> like the green spiral on the site.

My Dad used to be a cartographer (drawer of maps), he had a pair of these
for looking at satellite photographs, the satellite returned long thin
pictures - north to south as I recall. On each orbit, the Earth rotates
slightly with respect to the satellite. By viewing the same object viewed
from two sequential orbits of the satellite, the terrain suddenly stands
out - mountains have height.

Anyway, the viewer looked neither complicated nor expensive, it was
basically a pair of glasses upside down - so they stand from the desk rather
than hanging from your ears. There was only a single lens in front of each
eye, and as far as I could tell, it seemed to be a simple magnifying glass.

--
Duncan Gray
(warning: may contain traces of nut)

Post a reply to this message