POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OT: cpu speed & rendering time Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  OT: cpu speed & rendering time (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: OT: cpu speed & rendering time
Date: 12 Jan 2001 09:40:35
Message: <3A5F160C.9566832D@my-dejanews.com>
Anyone know the difference between a:

AMD Athlon
Pentium III
Intel Celeron

for similar speed?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: OT: cpu speed & rendering time
Date: 12 Jan 2001 10:07:43
Message: <3A5F1DFF.97DA8059@pacbell.net>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Anyone know the difference between a:
>
> AMD Athlon
> Pentium III
> Intel Celeron
>
> for similar speed?

My research has the performance in speed listed in the order you
present above fastest to slowest. My own tests indicate about 14%
better performance of the AMD over the P-III but I admit it was
rather subjective since I don't own a P-III of the same speed
as my AMD and had to scale my results to a slower P-III.