POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OT: cpu speed & rendering time : Re: OT: cpu speed & rendering time Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: cpu speed & rendering time
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 12 Jan 2001 15:11:32
Message: <3A5F639D.3507D907@my-dejanews.com>
Thanks but that's hopelessly impractical advice.  What I see are sales on
different PC's.  I was sort of waiting for the price of a 1000 MHz PIII to drop
but now I see AMD chips fall into reasonable prices.  And I have **already** once
before asked my local Circuit City if I could install povray on each of their
machines.  The clerk asked his manager, who asked me if I had ever heard of
something called a "computer virus," the risk being too great.......