POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : diffuse and ambient Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  diffuse and ambient (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: diffuse and ambient
Date: 11 Jan 2001 10:56:04
Message: <slrn95rlsl.bfl.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:54:52 -0000, Tom Melly wrote:
>Well, yes, but even using global ambient, the ambient of objects won't
>change as you adjust the strength of the light-sources in the image.

Well, I'm of the opinion that if the amount of ambient light you have in
your scene is that dependent on individual light sources, you should be
using radiosity.

But then, I'm also of the opinion that we shouldn't have to adjust the
brightness of light sources.  Am I alone in wishing there were an "exposure"
option in the camera specification?

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message