POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: normal_transparency! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normal_transparency! (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: normal_transparency!
Date: 5 Jan 2001 11:47:34
Message: <slrn95bul8.cq4.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:36:08 -0500, Florentine Audet wrote:
>I am using POV to do some artistic works for my own
>pleasure.  Does someone could help me to get
>some shadows from a filtered texture with
>a normal modifier ?!  My problem is that the
>light rays come through my normal modifiers without
>doing shadows on to the others objects it affects.

It sounds like you're looking for caustics.  You might give MegaPOV a look
for its photon mapping feature.  (http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm)

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 5 Jan 2001 14:48:42
Message: <3A562547.2F14E207@peak.edu.ee>
Ron Parker wrote:

> It sounds like you're looking for caustics.  You might give MegaPOV a look
> for its photon mapping feature.  (http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm)

Although in this case the fake caustics in regular POV shoud give an acceptable
result (see subsection "Faked Caustics" in the "Interior" section)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt