POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: normal_transparency! : caustic effect Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  caustic effect
From: Florentine Audet
Date: 6 Jan 2001 00:21:52
Message: <3A56AA9C.F6B3EFDA@sympatico.ca>

> Ron Parker wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like you're looking for caustics.  You might give MegaPOV a
 look
> > for its photon mapping feature.  (http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm)

> Although in this case the fake caustics in regular POV shoud give an ac
ceptable
> result (see subsection "Faked Caustics" in the "Interior" section)
>
> --
> Margus Ramst
>
> Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
> TAG (Team Assistance Group) e-mail: mar### [at] tagpovrayorg
> Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt

( what I am trying to do is imaging about under_water
simulation,  and stuff like that... Say,  a clear water,
with some visible ground in the bottom...
I am using an interior and a media statement
into a finite box of a given size, with the hollow keyword.)
I am not quiet sure if the caustic effect is what is doing the
spot of "moving" lights and shadows on a under-water ground.
Is it caustic ? Anyway I will try it;  It would be nice,  if it worked;
I have found something special in term of water-texture,  with
some "normal { agate scale }",  but it doesn't give any spots
of shadows at all...

Thanx a lot for the responses
                                                   Alex