POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could not create image buffer? Server Time
19 May 2024 01:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Could not create image buffer? (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Re: Could not create image buffer?
Date: 2 Dec 2000 20:15:53
Message: <3A29A00D.CB8AFD1F@unforgettable.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3A294D87.F5DE990C@unforgettable.com> , Xplo Eristotle
> <inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:

> >> Thank you for being so generous!  After all, all the team did was develop,
> >> compile, debug and distribute it to you for free, in our spare time - so we
> >> really appreciate user feedback like yours, it motivates us every day to
> >> spend our free time and continue our development.
> >
> > You appear to be speaking for the team. Is that correct?
>
> I am pointing out that we as a team developed it, and that user "feedback"
> like this is very de-motivating, which is a thought shared by the team.

Ah, yes. I can see how being asked about a cryptic error which isn't
explicitly defined in the documentation would make you resent your
hobby. Perhaps you would find a stream of questions like "how do i make
a ball?????" more gratifying.

Oh, wait, I'm being sarcastic. Silly me.

As to the section of the documentation you quoted, someone who isn't
intimately familiar with the source code might not find it obvious that
a lack of memory would be causing an error in a piece of code which was
designed to *prevent* an out-of-memory error.

I guess being a developer gives you the right to be as big an asshole as
you want.

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message