POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images
Date: 22 Oct 2000 14:52:04
Message: <39f33754@news.povray.org>
We are formally announcing the 10best project.  (Ken, please
aggressively advertise this!)

Purpose

To celebrate excellence in the multiple styles and techniques used by
different pov users.
To provide a forum for display of the best work of the povray community
in a way that stresses diversity and multiple kinds of excellence over
competition.
To inspire and to instruct users on better techniques.
To generate revenue for the Pov team and fund the news.povray.org
server. Chris Cason has given his approval for this project.
To advance raytracing and advertise the POV-Ray freeware program.
To generate exposure for best pov artists.

See the page at:

http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html

Post a reply to this message

what if a person only has 2 best or something like that?

"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> We are formally announcing the 10best project.  (Ken, please
> aggressively advertise this!)
>
> Purpose
>
> To celebrate excellence in the multiple styles and techniques used by
> different pov users.
> To provide a forum for display of the best work of the povray community
> in a way that stresses diversity and multiple kinds of excellence over
> competition.
> To inspire and to instruct users on better techniques.
> To generate revenue for the Pov team and fund the news.povray.org
> server. Chris Cason has given his approval for this project.
> To advance raytracing and advertise the POV-Ray freeware program.
> To generate exposure for best pov artists.
>
> See the page at:
>
> http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html

Post a reply to this message

> what if a person only has 2 best or something like that?
>
> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > We are formally announcing the 10best project.  (Ken, please
> > aggressively advertise this!)
> >
> > Purpose
> >
> > To celebrate excellence in the multiple styles and techniques used by
> > different pov users.
> > To provide a forum for display of the best work of the povray community
> > in a way that stresses diversity and multiple kinds of excellence over
> > competition.
> > To inspire and to instruct users on better techniques.
> > To generate revenue for the Pov team and fund the news.povray.org
> > server. Chris Cason has given his approval for this project.
> > To advance raytracing and advertise the POV-Ray freeware program.
> > To generate exposure for best pov artists.
> >
> > See the page at:
> >
> > http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html

Post a reply to this message

As the Ladies' Man would say: Yeah, that's cool... :)

Post a reply to this message