POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithms for sending out multiple rays? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Algorithms for sending out multiple rays? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Algorithms for sending out multiple rays?
Date: 15 Sep 2000 10:31:37
Message: <39C23181.A63816E@my-dejanews.com>
I'm working on an improved method for having a particle negotiate an
obstacle course.
Can anyone point me to the algorithm used for sending out rays in
raytracing?

Say I have a vector Vector1,  which is the camera equivalent of  look_at
- location, or the current  velocity of my intelligent particle.

How does pov send out an array of say 40 x 30 or 160 x 120 pixels within
a certain angle?

Post a reply to this message

In article <39C### [at] my-dejanewscom> , "Greg M. Johnson"
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

> I'm working on an improved method for having a particle negotiate an
> obstacle course.
> Can anyone point me to the algorithm used for sending out rays in
> raytracing?
>
> Say I have a vector Vector1,  which is the camera equivalent of  look_at
> - location, or the current  velocity of my intelligent particle.
>
> How does pov send out an array of say 40 x 30 or 160 x 120 pixels within
> a certain angle?

Just look in the Suggested Reading section near the end of the POV-Ray user
manual.

       Thorsten

Post a reply to this message