POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A UFO-related contest in Sweden Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  A UFO-related contest in Sweden (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jan Danielsson
Subject: A UFO-related contest in Sweden
Date: 12 Sep 2000 18:02:00
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.g0t4g40.pminews@news.povray.org>
The Swedish tv-channel "TV4" has announced a competition: "Fake UFO sighting
videos or photos" as some kind of "new episodes of X-Files"-jippo-thing. The
rules are simple: There are no rules. :-)  You can do it the "old" way, throw
junk through the air, film it and blur the picture, or you can use
bluescreen... ..or why not use raytracing?

A friend of mine made a cool picture. He went out with a digital camera, took
a picture over the city where he lives, then cooked together a UFO sighting
picture using Maya and that photo.

Anyone here done any of those kind of pictures (placing traced objects in
real world photos) with Pov-Ray?

 /j

Post a reply to this message