POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A UFO-related contest in Sweden : Re: A UFO-related contest in Sweden Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:07:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A UFO-related contest in Sweden
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 13 Sep 2000 02:51:15
Message: <39BF2365.779561E6@ij.net>
Jan Danielsson wrote:

> The Swedish tv-channel "TV4" has announced a competition: "Fake UFO sighting
> videos or photos" as some kind of "new episodes of X-Files"-jippo-thing. The
> rules are simple: There are no rules. :-)  You can do it the "old" way, throw
> junk through the air, film it and blur the picture, or you can use
> bluescreen... ..or why not use raytracing?
>
> A friend of mine made a cool picture. He went out with a digital camera, took
> a picture over the city where he lives, then cooked together a UFO sighting
> picture using Maya and that photo.
>
> Anyone here done any of those kind of pictures (placing traced objects in
> real world photos) with Pov-Ray?

	An actual contest. Worth playing with it.

	I'd say POV for animation so that detail increases as it comes closer.

	But for a still I'd stick with Photoshop. I did some joke images
putting colored diatoms over San Diego with properly messed up
reflections of them in the water. Didn't turn out half bad.

--
Matt Giwer, EE, courtesy of the US Civil Service
Commission.