POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A UFO-related contest in Sweden : Re: A UFO-related contest in Sweden Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:07:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A UFO-related contest in Sweden
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Sep 2000 00:45:06
Message: <39bf0652@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
| Wow, Bob, that's quite an experience! One thing that I've done over the
| years is ask my friends and people that I've worked with (all have been
| people that I trust) if they've ever had any type of supernatural
| experience, and a surprisingly high percentage have told me that they
have.
| Most of the stories that people have told me are more like "ghost stories"
| rather than UFO or alien related, though. I myself have had an
unexplainable
| experience.

Should I ask wht it was then?  :-)  If I told you my personal ghost story
you wouldn't believe anything I ever said again.  Ha ha.

| And speaking of adding raytraced stuff to a filmed animation, I was
thinking
| that it would be easier to do if you could specify a background image
| without first making it into an image map and scaling it (similar to the
| "background {BkgColor}" statement, only like this: "background
| {BkgImage###.tga}". The "###" part could be automatically incremented for
| each frame, kind of like the clock variable. That way you could convert
all
| the frames of your filmed animation to sequentially numbered .tga files,
| then add the raytraced stuff.

I've made a include file to do that in a way.  It's not well done I admit.
Would be great to have an automatic way of putting background images in
though.  You can check out what I tried, with the help of others for advice
etc., at: http://members.aol.com/xyzunknown/linker.htm
The AGIF at top of page is a link and example (tiny one) of what is
possible, but it takes the person using it to figure it out.  Many things do
of course.  It' mainly a matter of getting the start set up right, but
because I tried to throw in the kitchen sink it got messy.

Bob