POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toughts about texturing system Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Toughts about texturing system (Message 11 to 20 of 39)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Re: Toughts about texturing system
Date: 4 Oct 2000 05:24:54
Message: <39DAF661.10825941@skynet.be>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Yes I am aware of that but I found that it was quite hard to control. Much
> easier if there was one finish for the whole texture.

And quicker, because currently, if you use a texture-map, the pigment,
normal and finish are calculated more than once for each pixel.
If finish was at the same level as texture, the "underlying" texture
would be calculated just once, no matter the complexity of the "finish
map".

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message