POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma & radiosity Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma & radiosity (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Subject: Gamma & radiosity
Date: 5 Sep 2000 21:54:34
Message: <39B5A4FB.BC7F0C94@kivisalo.net>
I see that quite many post radiosity images rendered without
assumed_gamma 1.0. It is required for the radiosity calculations
to simulate a physical situation. Non-physical situations however
couldn't care less about the gamma :)

See news://news.povray.org/39423CFE.5565DBF%40kivisalo.net

Kari Kivisalo                                   http://www.kivisalo.net

Post a reply to this message

Are you saying it would be "bad" to use something like 10? :)

Grim

"Kari Kivisalo" <kar### [at] kivisalonet> wrote in message

> I see that quite many post radiosity images rendered without
> assumed_gamma 1.0.

Post a reply to this message

using assumed_gamma 1.0 does bad things to my scenes... Is there anyone here
that *doesn't* use it, and can reinforced my theory that it isn't necessary?