POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma & radiosity : Re: Gamma & radiosity Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma & radiosity
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 6 Sep 2000 14:57:22
Message: <39B694B7.9A54BDA8@kivisalo.net>
Ian Witham wrote:

> using assumed_gamma 1.0 does bad things to my scenes... Is there anyone here
> that *doesn't* use it, and can reinforced my theory that it isn't necessary?

It isn't necessary if you don't wan't realistic radiosity. It is necessary
for realistic radiosity. Good images can be produced without but it will
be much harder to predict what the scene will look like and will force
unrealistic texture properties.

Kari Kivisalo                                          www.kivisalo.net