POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests for POV 3.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests for POV 3.5 (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5
Date: 11 Aug 2000 18:29:21
Message: <39947C42.4055FB16@faricy.net>
ryan constantine wrote:

> >  - 5x faster rendering and parsing
>
> there is a solution for this right?  getting a computer that is 5X
> faster :)

Ya know, if trends continue, we should have 16Ghz home PCs by 2006.
Although some say we are pushing the limits of what silicon-based chips
can take... (Fortunately we'll have copper-based and photonic chips soon
:) *crossing fingers*)
And while processors are growing at a rate of 2^x, storage capacity is
growing at a rate of 2^(2^x)!!!

--
David Fontaine     <dav### [at] faricynet>     ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

Post a reply to this message