POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: multple finishes in multiple layers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Q: multple finishes in multiple layers (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: Q: multple finishes in multiple layers
Date: 23 Jul 2000 17:49:25
Message: <397B682D.9BC1DA55@yahoo.com>
i've got multiple layers on a texture of mine.  the bottom layer defines
the main color of the object and is aluminum.  this should have its own
finish.  the other layers have patches of blue and should have their own
finish as they are more reflective.  then there is a small patch of the
bottom color on one of my blue patches to cover part of it up.  the
problem is that if i put a finish on each layer that needs one, they
seem to add to the layers beneath so that the bottom layers is really
bright and really shiny.  if i put the bottom finish on by itself, the
aluminum has the right properties.  if i put the blue finish on top, the
blue looks fine, but the aluminum is off.  of course, each blue layer
has white with tranmit = 1.0 for the areas that are see-through.  any
ideas how to get the finish right?

Post a reply to this message