POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: multple finishes in multiple layers : Re: multple finishes in multiple layers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multple finishes in multiple layers
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Jul 2000 00:00:00
Message: <397bbf40@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
|  if i put the bottom finish on by itself, the
| aluminum has the right properties.  if i put the blue finish on top, the
| blue looks fine, but the aluminum is off.  of course, each blue layer
| has white with tranmit = 1.0 for the areas that are see-through.  any
| ideas how to get the finish right?

That's the problem when you try to skip CSG  :-)
If you can make image maps of those separately I'd say there's a chance of
doing it using the 'image_pattern' in MegaPov.  Having just been checking
that out again it's no doubt plausible for making finish changes at each
texture in the final 'texture_map'.  Hard part would be creation and
application if it's spherical and not planar.  Well, maybe not real
difficult.

Bob