POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : metal without ambient and r2d2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  metal without ambient and r2d2 (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Subject: Re: metal without ambient and r2d2
Date: 23 Jul 2000 09:00:01
Message: <397aec51@news.povray.org>
When making a metallic texture, I *always* use ambient 0:
pigment {rgb <.95,.975,1>}
finish {ambient 0 diffuse .7 brilliance 10 reflection .2 reflect_metallic
specular 1 roughness .01 metallic}
But I don't think it would make a good metal for R2D2's head.  This might be
better:
finish {ambient 0 diffuse .8 brilliance 3 reflection .05 reflect_metallic
specular 1 roughness .01 metallic}

(I haven't tested them)

ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf

Post a reply to this message

that was helpful.  thanks.  now check out my new post in this group.