POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : slab building error? vista buffer? huh? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  slab building error? vista buffer? huh? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Paul Vanukoff
Subject: slab building error? vista buffer? huh?
Date: 17 Jun 2000 12:47:03
Message: <394bab87$1@news.povray.org>
I am rendering a very simple scene, with a plane {y,0} and some
superellipsoid{} objects. If I have just one SE object, the scene renders
fine, if I have more than one, I get the error found here:

-----------
Preset INI file is 'D:\PVF409\POVRAY\renderer\quickres.ini', section is
'[640x480, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'D:\pvf409\POVRay\myscenes\puzztest.pov'.
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.1g.watcom
  This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team(tm). See the
    documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
    internet at http://www.povray.org.
Copyright 1999 POV-Ray Team(tm)
This Windows version by Christopher J. Cason
Parsing Options
  Input file: D:\pvf409\POVRay\myscenes\puzztest.pov (compatible to version
3.1)
  Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
  Library paths: D:\pvf409\POVRay\INCLUDE
Output Options
  Image resolution 640 by 480 (rows 1 to 480, columns 1 to 640).
  Output file: puzztest.bmp, 24 bpp (system format)
  Graphic display......On  (type: 0, palette: 3, gamma:  2.2)
  Mosaic preview......Off
  CPU usage histogram.Off
  Continued trace.....Off  Allow interruption..Off  Pause when done.....Off
  Verbose messages.....On
Tracing Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On  Bounding threshold: 3
  Light Buffer.........On  Vista Buffer.........On  Draw Vista Buffer...Off
  Antialiasing........Off
  Radiosity...........Off
Animation Options
  Clock value....   0.000  (Animation off)
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
D:\pvf409\POVRay\myscenes\puzztest.pov:202: warning: Camera vectors are not
perpendicular. Making look_at the last statement may help.

Scene contains 3 frame level objects; 1 infinite.

Slab building error.
Cannot use non-perpendicular camera vectors with vista buffer.

Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

-------------

My camera statement is

camera
{
 location < 0.0, 20.0,-20.0>
 look_at < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
 orthographic
 right 20*x
 up 20*y
}

I know the vectors are not perpendicular, but I need the vertical skew (it
makes each pov unit exactly 32x24 pixels on screen) for this project. Any
ideas?

--
Paul Vanukoff

Post a reply to this message

Just make your camera vectors  perpendicular and the error will go away! I
get this with leveller scenes and have to adjust the camera specs to make it
work.

Mick

"Paul Vanukoff" <van### [at] primenetcom> wrote in message

> [...]
not
> perpendicular. Making look_at the last statement may help.
>
> Scene contains 3 frame level objects; 1 infinite.
>
> Slab building error.
> Cannot use non-perpendicular camera vectors with vista buffer.
>

> Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)
>
> -------------
>
> My camera statement is
>
> camera
> {
>  location < 0.0, 20.0,-20.0>
>  look_at < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
>  orthographic
>  right 20*x
>  up 20*y
> }
>
> I know the vectors are not perpendicular, but I need the vertical skew (it
> makes each pov unit exactly 32x24 pixels on screen) for this project. Any

Post a reply to this message