POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  height field (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: RJay Hansen
Subject: height field
Date: 28 May 2000 11:42:41
Message: <39313E36.8CD79A2D@rrcable.com>
Subject:
             height field
        Date:
             Wed, 24 May 2000 09:40:17 -0500
       From:
             pre### [at] printingincorporatedcom
 Newsgroups:
             povray.macintosh

I'm creating a scene with a mountain range in the background. I used
Photoshop and the airbrush tool to paint my height field file. When I
render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
disappear.

I've scaled the height field by 2100 in the x and z directions and by
700 in the y direction. Could this be causing the problem? The image
file is 1200 x 1200 pixels.

Thanks,

RJay Hansen
email: rha### [at] 2540dpif2scom
http//:www.2540dpi.f2s.com

Post a reply to this message

Apparently 'smooth' is faulty, sorry to say.

Bob

"RJay Hansen" <pha### [at] rrcablecom> wrote in message

| I'm creating a scene with a mountain range in the background. I used
| Photoshop and the airbrush tool to paint my height field file. When I
| render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
| disappear.

Post a reply to this message

> Apparently 'smooth' is faulty, sorry to say.

I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

Ehm....well that ends a period of pain in my life.

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for saving me anymore frustration!

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Apparently 'smooth' is faulty, sorry to say.
>
> Bob
>
> When I
> | render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
> | disappear.

Post a reply to this message

Well, you don't have to take my word for it.  I was only passing along what I had
heard
around here.

| Thanks for saving me anymore frustration!
|
| Bob Hughes wrote:
|
| > Apparently 'smooth' is faulty, sorry to say.
| >
| > Bob
| >
| > When I
| > | render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
| > | disappear.

Post a reply to this message