POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field : Re: height field Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:34:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 May 2000 12:15:20
Message: <3933e918@news.povray.org>
In article <3931D46E.B8F2E2D6@rrcable.com> , RJay Hansen
<pha### [at] rrcablecom>  wrote:

> Thanks for saving me anymore frustration!
>
> Bob Hughes wrote:
>
>> Apparently 'smooth' is faulty, sorry to say.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> When I
>> | render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
>> | disappear.

Please note:  The known and verified height field problems Bob refers to do
not cause the observed problem.

If you would like others to take a look at your problem, and in order to
determine if the problem you are having is a bug or a user error, please do
the following:

- Post an example file (as JPEG) in the group POV-Ray binaries.images and
include a description of your problem and expected output.
- Post the source code and height-field image (the height field images i.e.
as Targa image) in a ZIP archive in povray.binaries.scene-files and include
a description of your problem and expected output.

Based on this information others should be able to resolve, verify or offer
a workaround for your problem.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg