POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field : height field Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:22 EDT (-0400)
  height field
From: RJay Hansen
Date: 28 May 2000 11:42:41
Message: <39313E36.8CD79A2D@rrcable.com>
Subject:
             height field
        Date:
             Wed, 24 May 2000 09:40:17 -0500
       From:
             pre### [at] printingincorporatedcom
 Newsgroups:
             povray.macintosh

I'm creating a scene with a mountain range in the background. I used
Photoshop and the airbrush tool to paint my height field file. When I
render it, there are holes in it. If I remove smoothing, the holes
disappear.

I've scaled the height field by 2100 in the x and z directions and by
700 in the y direction. Could this be causing the problem? The image
file is 1200 x 1200 pixels.

Thanks,

RJay Hansen
email: rha### [at] 2540dpif2scom