POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture
Date: 7 May 2000 00:20:37
Message: <3914EE6A.28CC1278@faricy.net>
On the Origin of Images
drool
dang, another keyboard

--
David Fontaine     <dav### [at] faricynet>    ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website: http:/www.faricy.net/~davidf/

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 8 May 2000 00:33:00
Message: <3916437c@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote...
> For those interested, I just put some information here
> http://www.inapg.inra.fr/dsa/temp/makingof.htm
> about the techniques used in my IRTC "City" entry. These 9 pages contain
> more information than  the txt and zip file.
> In fact I had planned to put this on my website later this month (along
> with a Making of of my "Gardens" entry). However, I was informed by the
> IRTC that a few people complained that the my entry was a postprocessed
> composition of photographs and some of them went as far as to give
> evidence of this...  I'm not kidding ! The matter has been quickly
> solved, thanks to the IRTC admins, and is a big LOL, but anyway I'm
> putting this on line. Note that it is a temporary hosting until I move
> these pages to my website, so don't bookmark it.

Gilles,

Your image is very impressive.  I have shown it to many of my friends and
co-workers who agree that it is very photo-realistic.  I very much enjoyed
reading your description of how you created the image.  I love the rain
drops on the glass of the Thunderbird.  At every level this image is
stunning!

Take it as a great compliment when others confuse your work with a
photograph (at least when photorealism was your goal).

BTW, in MegaPov 0.5, you will be able to use post-processed focal blur
without damaging the anti-aliasing in the image.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message