POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture : Re: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 8 May 2000 19:55:05
Message: <391753d9$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote...
> had more trouble with the fact that focal blur is not totally compatible
with
> the "continue trace" option, since that means that the image had to be
> rendered in one pass, or in several determined ones, but could not be
aborted
> without losing part of the blurring info. Right now, I'm not sure about
> rendering a larger version: should I render smaller parts and glue them
> together at the end, or should I wait for Megapov 0.5 and be able to abort
and
> resume the trace whenever I need it ?

When 0.5 comes out (in a week or so, if all goes well), it will support
continued tracing with post-processing.  The problem with 0.4 is that the
post-process data file (postdata.tmp) is getting deleted when you stop the
render.  With 0.5, it will only get deleted when render has been completed.
In future versions, I hope to provide the user with even more control over
the post-process data file.

-Nathan