POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture : Re: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 May 2000 10:57:15
Message: <3916D559.CF7A79B9@inapg.inra.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   Btw, I really hope you will not get a low score because many of the voters
> think you cheated. That would be very bad.

This is unlikely to happen, since that the IRTC admins investigated the claims
and wrote to the people who complained that the picture was legit. One "proof"
of the image being touched-up was that the colour distribution of some parts of
the image was unusual for a povray picture. In fact, this may be due to the use
of semi-transparent, vertical planes. Now that the offending part of the scene
in available, I guess that those interested in this problem will be able to
check it out by themselves.

G.