POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request for next release Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request for next release (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Feature request for next release
Date: 19 Feb 2000 15:47:41
Message: <38AF00F3.EB03F614@faricy.net>
It's always good to have an uncompressed version of image for archive/backup
purposes, because if you want to do anything with that image at a later date and
it's en JPG it will just get more and more lossy. But it would be nice to not
have to open up another program to compress it. How about a built-in JPEG
compressor and have it save both versions of the file...
Then again, the best JPEG compressors like found in PhotoShop and Micrografx are
pretty big and fancy for a freeware program...

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles

Post a reply to this message