POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray
Date: 16 Mar 2000 01:30:30
Message: <38D080FC.45D4E2E2@geocities.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:12:56 -0500, Glen Berry wrote:
> >Of course the person who tried to install AOL could have always made
> >some sort of mistake, I guess. Neither one of these fellows was
> >extremely computer litterate, but I thought the first fellow could
> >have handled an AOL install.
>
> I think AOL is currently being sued for the changes their install makes
> to the existing configuration, apparently without asking (or if it does
> ask, it's in such a way that it's easy to miss.)  I could be wrong, of
> course.

Actually, it does ask up front, and it seemed fairly clear to me. (I said
no when I installed it last few times). I forget the exact message, but
they do only ask once. They didn't go "are you reaaaaaaly sure you want to
do this?", "again, are you sure"...

I think it's very amusing, since if AOL didn't install the way that they
do, they'd have an even larger number of people upset with them.

Yes, they are being sued, but I personally feel it's a very frivolous
lawsuit. Even worse than them getting sued by a large disabled-people's
rights group for not having accessable software when they're in the middle
of working with another large disabled-people's rights group to address
that exact issue. Deep pockets are so tempting.

There have been things in the past that they've been sued for that have
seemed to have good grounds (remember their switch to flat-rate?), but
this does not seem like one of them.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message