POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray : Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 16 Mar 2000 12:08:17
Message: <38D11671.B6A7806C@geocities.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:36:44 -0800, Jon A. Cruz wrote:
> >Yes, they are being sued, but I personally feel it's a very frivolous
> >lawsuit. Even worse than them getting sued by a large disabled-people's
> >rights group for not having accessable software when they're in the middle
> >of working with another large disabled-people's rights group to address
> >that exact issue. Deep pockets are so tempting.
>
> I can't comment much on this, but I'm reliably informed that the "working
> with another large disabled-people's rights group" part started happening
> just a couple days before the news of the NFB suit broke.  I suspect they
> were closing the barn door after the horse had left.

National Federation of the Blind

http://www.sptimes.com/News/111499/Perspective/Blind_group_s_suit_ag.shtml

http://www.internetnews.com/isp-news/article/0,1087,8_232881,00.html
(see the last few paragraphs)

I can't find the name of the other organization(s) off hand, but the main point
is that AOL's software is a bit large and takes time to address, and this had
probably been in the works for a while. I had first heard things about the
other group a while before the suit broke, and had the impression that they had
been working with them since maybe last spring. Of course, I'd need to find
some PR releases or at least some organizations names to be sure.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.