POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  The Language of POV-Ray (Message 278 to 287 of 297)
From: PoD
Subject: Re: The Language of POV-Ray
Date: 30 Mar 2000 20:04:45
Message: <38E4055B.5EA96B54@merlin.net.au>
Nigel Stewart wrote:

>         This is the basis of our misunderstanding.
>
>         POV script is good for what it is.

What you seem to fail to understand is that POV is not a rendering
engine, it is a scene description language.

Try to replace the language (I know you're not) and you'll not only get
howls of outrage from users, but you won't have POV any more.

Replace the rendering engine and it's still POV. If the new engine is
faster and/or gives the better output, you'll be congratulated.

Nobody really cares about the renderer except those who coded it.
The lagnuage *IS* POV-Ray.

------
PoD.

Post a reply to this message