POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LiteStep really is faster... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  LiteStep really is faster... (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: LiteStep really is faster...
Date: 23 Feb 2000 11:14:22
Message: <38B407DC.48963333@peak.edu.ee>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   You should already know that most pc people call _EVERY_ unix program
> a linux program.

We also know it's a sure-fire way to tick you off...

Margus

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 23 Feb 2000 11:18:50
Message: <38B408E6.F8D53F3C@peak.edu.ee>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>     That was about my experience. I spent a week trying to get it to do that
> "extremely configurable" thing and then found I didn't use the desktop that
> much anyway. I used my programs. Wasn't worth the trouble, but if there is a
> real speed increase in Povray....

Depends, I guess...
POV+Litestep was slower here. So was POV as the shell, which is a bit weird.
POV also renders slower on my machine under Linux, but beats the pants off
WinPOV when parsing/swapping.

Margus

Post a reply to this message