POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LiteStep really is faster... : Re: LiteStep really is faster... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LiteStep really is faster...
From: David Fontaine
Date: 24 Feb 2000 17:10:41
Message: <38B5ABC8.D938617E@faricy.net>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> Oops. Some freeware programmers may take offense when you hint that
> freeware *always* has bugs.
> I don't, since I know that it is true (well, I'm no freeware programmer
> either). I just want to point out that this is no problem of freeware
> alone:

Pardon me :-)

> *All* non-trivial software contains bugs. Period.

Yes. But since LiteStep is freeware, it can be updated more often. With
stuff like Windows, they can release patches, but to make any considerable
changes, they pack it up under a new name, send it through marketing, and
make you *pay money* to get rid of *their* bugs. Case in point, Win98 vs.
Win95. Basically the same, but much more stable. And $90 just to upgrade.

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles