POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LiteStep really is faster... : Re: LiteStep really is faster... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LiteStep really is faster...
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 23 Feb 2000 18:39:07
Message: <38b46f9b@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message

> Since LiteStep is freeware, it is bound to have some bugs.
> Since LiteStep is freeware, it is bound to be updated quite
frequently.

Oops. Some freeware programmers may take offense when you hint that
freeware *always* has bugs.
I don't, since I know that it is true (well, I'm no freeware programmer
either). I just want to point out that this is no problem of freeware
alone:

*All* non-trivial software contains bugs. Period.

Johannes.

P.S.
BTW: Up-to-date developers don't call them bugs anymore, but defects.
"Bug" sounds like something that happened to the system without you (the
developer) being able to do anything against it ("This bug just crawled
in and broke my code!"), while in 99.9999% of all cases, it is actually
a development mistake, and thus a defect of the product. My, aren't we
politically correct today? ;)