POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Eroded finish Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Eroded finish (Message 7 to 16 of 46)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Fabian Brau
Subject: Re: Eroded finish
Date: 2 Feb 2000 03:45:11
Message: <3897EF69.BDED5ADE@umh.ac.be>
You are right a combination of texture_map (or even better and
more accurate: material_map, like this you can place the erosion where
you want) and layered texture do the job! A new pattern which can do
this
automatically could be, in fact, difficult to use no?

Fabian.

Fabian Brau <fab### [at] umhacbe> writes:

> You are right a combination of texture_map (or even better and
> more accurate: material_map, like this you can place the erosion where

Yes, we have all those. The point was to use an algorithm which places the
erosion automatically. For instance by simulating where raindrops would
fall on a marble statue.
(I esp. liked that one: http://graphics.lcs.mit.edu/~hkp/OldPicts/venus.tif)

--
Sigmund Kyrre Aas

Post a reply to this message

> Fabian Brau <fab### [at] umhacbe> writes:
>
> > You are right a combination of texture_map (or even better and
> > more accurate: material_map, like this you can place the erosion where
>
> Yes, we have all those. The point was to use an algorithm which places the
> erosion automatically. For instance by simulating where raindrops would
> fall on a marble statue.
> (I esp. liked that one: http://graphics.lcs.mit.edu/~hkp/OldPicts/venus.tif)
>
> --
> Sigmund Kyrre Aas

As Ron mentioned I brought this up a couple of months ago in the unofficial
patches group. An excellent paper on patina's can be found at -

http://graphics.lcs.mit.edu/~dorsey/papers/patina/