POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make wireframe output? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  How to make wireframe output? (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Andrew Woodfin
Subject: Re: How to make wireframe output?
Date: 1 Feb 2000 15:32:39
Message: <38974170.5C725B19@uncc.edu>
Hmmm... What kind of luck does one have importing .pov scene files into 3DWin?
If that works, I could get the wireframes out of 3DWin. I have a mess of
declares and loops in my scene file, so I don't know how well 3DWin would
parse it?

Andy

Ken wrote:

> Andrew Woodfin wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to generate a wireframe output image from a POV scene
> > file?
>
> You really can't as an output function of POV-Ray. If you use a modeller
> to design your scenes you can export to a 3D format that 3DWin can read
> and it will allow you to create a wire frame representation but to do so
> within POV-Ray itself would require you to make each individual frame
> piece individualy. You can mimic the effect by using a proceedural texture
> approach with clear pigment areas but it too would take a lot of extra
> work to get everything lined up properly and I am not sure that it would
> be possible with all shapes. Isopigments in MegaPov could help with this.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

--------------------
"I'm going to New York to try to break into public television!"
  -- Big Bird

Andrew Woodfin
UNC Charlotte Center for Precision Metrology
adw### [at] unccedu | http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~adwoodfi

Post a reply to this message

> Hmmm... What kind of luck does one have importing .pov scene files into 3DWin?
> If that works, I could get the wireframes out of 3DWin. I have a mess of
> declares and loops in my scene file, so I don't know how well 3DWin would
> parse it?

   3DWin will not import .pov files sorry. Basicaly you can't make solid
objects in POV-Ray and get a wire frame output. POV-Ray has no wireframe
pre-view mode.