POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make wireframe output? : Re: How to make wireframe output? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make wireframe output?
From: Jay Raney
Date: 1 Feb 2000 18:27:28
Message: <3896A6D9.2E56E11E@usit.net>
Many (Probably most) 3d modelling software create the surfaces of their
models entirely from triangles, which have points connected by lines
which can easily be displayed as wireframe. POV on the other hand uses
Constructive Solid Geometry which represents the model as a finite
mathematical shape. Not a surface, but an interior and an exterior.
These models dont have points connected by lines and therefore arent
easily displayed as wireframe. Although the triangle and mesh objects do
use points and lines. The only way I can think of to do it would be to
use another program to convert POV source into sets of points and lines.

POV's modeling approch is in my opinion much more elegant though it
doesn't lend itself to this type of representation. Kind of a trade off
I guess.

Jay