POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About possible book Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  About possible book (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Pavel Rumyantsev
Subject: About possible book
Date: 10 Dec 1999 00:28:54
Message: <38508F84.9261F900@mv.ru>
Hello,

I'm a system programmer and a technical writer. Usually I write about
programming for Windows, but some times ago (~ 1,5 year) I found POV-Ray
and I'm very impressed by this REALLY GREAT program. So now I'm thinking
about possible book. A book about POV-Ray. It seems to me, that POV-Ray
is almost unknown in Russia.
Now I'm thinking, what kind should this book be. Only a tutorial for
beginners? Seems, it's very boring for possible readers and for me. I'm
not an advanced user, so I can't write a book for advanced users. But!
It will be possible to write a book for those, who want to FEEL POV-Ray.
I couldn't understand many features of POV-Ray, because I'm not
photographer and I couldn't imagine them. I begin to learn POV-Ray with
it's source. This is a most preferable way for me. After that I began TO
FEEL something in POV_Ray. So, I can explain to readers many features of
POV-Ray from a point of view of programmer. For example, I explain
camera as a structure (it's written in camera.h), then I explain a
creation of defaul camera (parse.c and camera.c), where the default
values of parameters were set, why it's possible to use not all
modifiers in "camera" operator and so on. Seems, this book can be
interesting for many people. What do you think?
Of course, I'm not sure, that this book will be written, but why not? We
can write this book together and publish it in the same time. All
opinions will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Pavel Rumyantsev

Post a reply to this message