POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About possible book : Re: About possible book Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About possible book
From: David Vincent-Jones
Date: 11 Dec 1999 12:08:50
Message: <38528522@news.povray.org>
Maybe a solution would be a community wide expansion of the current manual.
If one person was established as the project coordinator through whom all
contributions were forwarded for final editing and ensuring a standard
format.
Possibly we are looking at 3 volumes, much as the current manual, a. A
Basic Tutorial; b. A Technical Reference; and c. Specialty Functions and
Add-ons.
The 'current' version of the book could always be available in pdf or other
formats for those who treasure the printed page. Most 'quick print' shops
now charge very little to run a pdf to paper.

ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote in message
> Jon Berndt wrote:
>
> >I have often thought that there needs to be a book about using POV and
that
> >also covers some of the source code, as well as some ray tracing basics.
It