POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rico
Subject: Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera
Date: 8 Dec 1999 02:19:30
Message: <384E0641.5A1FCAC0@hotmail.com>
Hi all,

Is it possible to get focal blurring with an ultra_wide_angle camera ?
I tried to obtain this effect in my current project : when I comment the
"ultra_wide" in the camera definition, it's ok, I get the desired
blurring; and when I uncomment it, I get a classic picture. Is it
alright ? I didn't see anything in the help file according to that.
Btw, I'm using pov 3.1g with superpatch 3.1g.

--
A+
Rico.

http://members.xoom.fr/ejeanton/
http://members.xoom.com/ejeanton/

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to get focal blurring with an ultra_wide_angle camera ?
> I tried to obtain this effect in my current project : when I comment the
> "ultra_wide" in the camera definition, it's ok, I get the desired
> blurring; and when I uncomment it, I get a classic picture. Is it
> alright ? I didn't see anything in the help file according to that.
> Btw, I'm using pov 3.1g with superpatch 3.1g.

Depth of field is determined by the camera angle (as it is in real
life). I guess the effect is just not noticeable....

Markus
--
Der deutsche Schlager ist aus dem Klofenster gesprungen....

Post a reply to this message